We want to hear from people who want to improve disability services for the better.
About the Roster Coordinator role
Coordinate and take ownership of the roster at eQuality Support, ensuring an adequate workforce is scheduled to work each day in Supported Independent Living (SIL) homes across the Ballarat and Geelong regions.
Through good relationships, match the needs of people with disabilty (clients), with the skills and strengths of staff (Disability Support Workers), roster efficiencies that deliver a financial ROI for the business
Provide general administrative support to the business as required within a culture of continuous improvement.
On any given day…
- Use the roster system (WorkZone) to plan, forecast and allocate a fortnightly roster to respond to the needs of people living with disability, and the preferences of staff, wherever possible.
- Ensure workforce coverage is maintained, filling shifts at short notice and planning ahead to cover staff leave or study gaps.
- Talk staff through decisions about allocation or roster changes.
- Identify and implement roster efficiencies.
- Work collaboratively in a dynamic team and contribute to an efficient and effective culture.
Your skills and attributes
- Sound time management skills.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- An ability to pick up processes and procedures in an efficient manner.
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience and demonstrated competency in roster coordination in an office environment or senior office administration experience with transferrable skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficient operation of MS Office Suite.
- Strong administrative skills in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Sound negotiation and problem-solving skills.
About the company
eQuality Support is a growing disability support company servicing the Ballarat and Geelong regions. We have two offices, one in Ballarat and one in Torquay.
We bring together business professionals, health specialists, and disability support workers to empower people with disabilities to live the life they choose.
We’re known for providing individualised support services that achieve exceptional outcomes for clients with high or complex needs. One of our super-strengths is our flexibility and responsiveness to client needs.
- You’ll be part of a culture that is grounded in strong moral and ethical principles. The values that guide us daily are to act with integrity, treat everyone equally, make a difference everyday, and to work with passion.
- With a can-do and can-adapt approach to disability support, which extends to the workforce, you’d be working with people from diverse backgrounds and career experiences.
- From passionate support workers, expert nurses, health and community students, and people transitioning from other careers, whatever the ability, background, or experience – we value diversity and see many people thrive at eQuality Support.
Rewards and remuneration
We value your time and skills so in return, we offer:
- Friendly and supportive team.
- Opportunity to work in regional Victoria in a rewarding industry.
- Growing company with a values-based culture and good work/life balance.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Equal opportunity employer.
- Free counselling through an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested? How to apply
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We are assessing applications as they arrive.
Download and read the Position Description and submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
If you have any questions at all or would like to discuss your suitability for the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Jacki, our HR Business Partner for a confidential chat on 0497 365 343 or firstname.lastname@example.org.