Disability Support Worker – Ballarat
Join a friendly team who care deeply about the people we support.
Hey! Great to meet you.
Are you passionate and eager to learn? If so, then read on, as we’re seeking Disability Support Workers to support people to live independently at home, or within Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA).
The purpose of your role is to support clients to achieve their goals, enjoy life, and engage in community and social activities! You’ll be offered training by our expert team, so you can provide the best support to our clients.
You will support clients with their daily routines including personal care, assisting with medication, cleaning and mealtime management.
And, if you have experience in complex support and positive behaviour support, that’s ideal.
Is this you?
Our clients say the best support workers…
• are compassionate, understanding, and good listeners
• know my favourite things to do, like watching a movie or getting out and about in my local community
• use positive reinforcement to support me in my daily routine
• support me to plan and communicate my needs.
Work and hours
Based in Ballarat, this is a casual position.
• Most shifts are 8 hours long and you’re matched to work with a client
• Shifts are assigned to you on a fortnightly roster. You can block out when you can’t work, plus we get to know your preferences
• A commitment of 25+ hours per week and must be able to work a variety of active nights, sleepovers, day shifts and weekends.
We value your time and skills so in return, we offer:
• Ability to earn substantial income, generous overtime, and overnight rates
• Paid induction training and extra support for your first shifts
• Ongoing and specific training by our experts, to support you in providing the best supports to our clients
• Career development opportunities, along with the potential for part-time employment
• An on-call service for 24/7 support and a responsive team to guide you
• Wellbeing program – free and confidential counselling, coaching and emotional support for work and/or personal challenges.
People and culture
We’re a community of friendly and passionate people who love to help others and learn.
We’re a diverse bunch! More than a quarter of our staff speak 2+ languages, we’re aged between 20 to late 60’s, and 1 in 5 of us identify with the LGBTQI+ community.
The values that guide us are to act with integrity, treat everyone equally, make a difference every day, and work with passion.
Experience and qualifications
Effective written and verbal communication skills, particularly active listening.
A minimum certificate III in disability or relevant area such as aged care, community services, health or minimum 2+ years’ proven experience in disability and looking at completing a qualification.
Experience in complex support needs and positive behavioural support.
Ready to apply?
All applications are being fast tracked with immediate starts available.
1. Visit the eQuality Support website and read the position description.
2. Apply via Seek with a brief cover letter, telling us why you’re a good match for the role, along with your resume. Please include your preferred first name.
eQuality Support is a registered NDIS provider. We have two offices, one in Ballarat and one in Torquay.
We’re an inclusive workplace and value diversity. If you need any modifications to the recruitment process, please let us know.