Disability Support Workers – Experience with intellectual disability
Join a friendly team who care deeply about the people we support.
Hey! Great to meet you.
We’re looking for experienced Disability Support Workers to support our client based in Lake Gardens, a man who happens to have an intellectual disability.
Physical activity, going out into the community, and tabletop games (like Connect 4 and Jenga!) are some of his favourite things.
The purpose of this role is to support him with his daily activities, including personal care, community access, and meal preparation – if you love to cook, even better!
Is this you?
You’ll have a mature manner and be firm in your responses. You’ll know tactics to manage behaviours of concern, and you’ll have a calm nature.
Our clients say the best support workers…
- are compassionate, understanding, and good listeners
- use positive reinforcement to support me in my daily activities
- know my favourite things to do, like watching a movie or going to a cafe
- support me to plan and communicate my needs.
Work and hours
Based in Ballarat, this is a casual position.
- Most shifts are 8 hours long and you’re matched to work with a client
- Shifts are assigned to you on a fortnightly roster. You can block out when you can’t work, plus we get to know your preferences
- A commitment of 25+ hours per week is needed, including evenings, weekends, and sleepovers.
We value your time and skills so in return, we offer:
- Above award wages, generous overtime, and overnight rates
- Paid induction training and extra support for your first shifts
- On-the-job training with medical and allied health professionals
- Career development opportunities
- An on-call service for 24/7 support and a responsive team to guide you
- Wellbeing program – free and confidential counselling, coaching and emotional support for work and/or personal challenges
People and culture
We’re a community of friendly and passionate people who love to help others and learn.
We’re a diverse bunch! More than a quarter of our staff speak 2+ languages, we’re aged between 18 to late 60’s, and 1 in 5 of us identify with the LGBTQI+ community.
The values that guide us are to act with integrity, treat everyone equally, make a difference every day, and work with passion.
Experience and qualifications
- You’ll ideally be experienced at supporting the well-being and inclusion of people with a disability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, particularly active listening.
- A minimum certificate III, diploma or qualification in disability or relevant area such as aged care, community services, or health.
We encourage students and people changing careers to apply.
How to apply
- Download and read the Position Description and if you’re a match,
- Apply via Seek with a brief cover letter, telling us why you’re a good match for the role, along with your resume. Please include your preferred first name.
eQuality Support is a registered NDIS provider. We have two offices, one in Ballarat and one in Torquay.
We’re an inclusive workplace and value diversity. If you need any modifications to the recruitment process, please let us know.